Cottage Grove City Hall reopened to the public Monday, May 18, and will be open each day from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m.
The public is still strongly encouraged to conduct business with City Hall by phone, email or other electronic means when possible.
Those who must come to City Hall will be reminded to follow social distancing requirements.
The building will not be open for meetings other than official City meetings and with attendance limited to no more than 10. Virtual attendance is still strongly encouraged.
Under Phase One Reopening guidance, park playgrounds, picnic shelters/structures, basketball courts and any day-use areas prone to attracting crowds are closed.
The skate park will remain closed due to a lack of ability to maintain physical distancing at that park. Groups or parties in the parks are to be limited to groups of 10 or fewer that arrived together.
The city is not taking any reservations for park use through at least the end of September.
Parks are open, but all users must follow physical distancing requirements.
The restrooms in the parks will be open, but will not be cleaned twice daily. Visitors to parks should bring their own hand sanitizer with them to the parks.
The city reminds community members to continue to following public health guidelines:
• Stay home if you are sick.
• If you become symptomatic (cough, fever, shortness of breath) while in public, please return home and self-isolate immediately. Contact your health care provider if you need medical attention.
• Stay home if you are at-risk for severe complications: Individuals over the age of 60 or who have underlying medical conditions should stay home, even if well, to avoid exposure to COVID-19.
• Practice good hand hygiene: Frequently wash your hands for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer (60-95 percent alcohol content).
• Cover coughs/sneezes with elbow or tissue: If you use a tissue, immediately discard tissue in garbage and your wash hands.