March 2020 — In light of Oregon Gov. Kate Brown’s edict on March 12 restricting large gatherings to 250 people or less, local events are be cancelled or postponed. These are primarily due to community concerns about the highly contagious novel coronavirus known as COVID-19, which currently has more than 20 confirmed cases in Oregon, though none have been confirmed in Lane County. This page, and all of those in our coronavirus webpage, are open to everyone regardless of whether they are subscribers or not. Please share this link with anyone who would like to have updated information.
The following is a list of cancellations and postponements that will be updated as we receive them at the Cottage Grove Sentinel throughout the day, each day. Check back frequently for new additions to the list to see if your event is still taking place:
• March 12 — EcoGeneration is suspending its Recycling Take-Back program for the rest of March
• March 13 — Governor Kate Brown has announced a statewide closure of Oregon K-12 schools from Monday, March 16 through Tuesday, March 31.
• March 13 — Due to OSU Extension response to COVID-19 Response we are cancelling Lane County Tree School. We are working on a rescheduling in late summer or early fall.
• March 13 — Effective Saturday, March 14, all visitation at Oregon Youth Authority youth correctional facilities and transitional camps statewide is canceled until further notice.
• March 16 — Lane Transit District (LTD) is asking all riders to not take unnecessary trips aboard public transit buses and RideSource. Also, beginning March 17, the Cottage Grove Connector and EmGo services will be cancelled until further notice.
• March 23 — Coast Fork Feed Store — Open Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday noon to 6 p.m. Now closed Tuesday and WednesdayLivestock and pet food is holding up as are bulk honey, coffee beans and garden supplies. Brewstation — Now growler-fill for take-out only. Lillibolero — Open for business since almost all work is remote. Able to set up AWS Workspaces https://aws.amazon.com/workspaces/ and WorkDocs https://aws.amazon.com/workdocs/ for businesses that want their employees to be able to continue working from home. PayneWest Insurance - Office is temporarily closed to all clients and guests. Those who need to make a payment, or who have questions, call us at 541-942-0555 or by email at [email protected]. Sud N Shine — Car wash is open 9 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. daily and there are wet towels for windshields that contain alcohol.
• March 24 — Under the Governor’s March 23 “Stay Home, Save Lives” Executive Order, only six Oregon DMV offices will be open, by appointment only, for commercial driver knowledge tests and commercial driver license issuance beginning Wednesday, March 25. Many DMV services remain available through OregonDMV.com and through the mail. With the exception of commercial driver knowledge tests and commercial driver license issuance, no other services will be available at DMV offices. Limits on public access will be in effect until April 28, unless conditions allow DMV to open more offices sooner.
Events scheduled for March 12-15:
• Lane County Home & Garden Show: Berg Productions Inc. has canceled the show. It was originally scheduled for March 12-15. Call 541-484-9247 for more information.
• Eugene Opera performance of Tosca: The Eugene Opera performance of Tosca, scheduled for March 13 and 15 at the Hult Center has been canceled. The Hult Center will automatically refund the price of tickets at the point of purchase; however, the Opera asks ticket holders to make a contribution to the Opera for costs that have already incurred at eugeneopera.org or by mail to the Opera at 1590 Willamette Street, Eugene, OR 97401.
• The American Legion indoor garage sale this Saturday and Sunday (March 14 and 15) has been cancelled.
Local City Events and Office closures:
• In order to comply with this order and the guidance from Lane County Public Health, effective immediately all events in the Cottage Grove Armory are canceled. Additionally, to comply with the governor’s orders to reduce activities, especially for organizations with individuals at increased risk of severe illness and to help reduce the possible spread of the COVID-19 among vulnerable people the Cottage Grove Community Center and Library will be closed to the public Friday, March 13 until March 30.
• Head Start of Lane Co. Schools is closed March 16-31. All student activities and facility users canceled. [Las escuelas estaran cerradas del 16 al 31 de marzo. Todas las actividades para estudiantes y uso de las instalaciones esta cancelado. (En efecto manana 16 de marzo)]
• Yoncalla School District: All campuses closed March 16-19. Lunches will be available from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in front of the Early Learning Center.
Events scheduled for March 30:
• Chefs’ Night Out Postponed to June 1, 2020
FOOD For Lane County is vital to our community response and focusing on that takes precedence right now, so the decision has been made to postpone Chefs’ Night Out, which was scheduled for March 30. Chefs’ Night Out will be held at the Graduate Eugene Hotel on Monday, June 1. Tickets already purchased for the event will be honored for the new date.
Events scheduled for April:
• Cottage Grove Garden Club will not be holding its first Tuesday meeting this coming month on April 7. The group will announce plans for May's program at a later date.