The Cottage Grove Community Foundation (CGCF) is pleased to announce its Grant Award Recipients for 2020 and that twelve non-profit organizations were selected as community grant recipients for a total of $11,186 and two unsolicited grants for $4,500. Funding for the grants is made possible through donations from the Community Foundation Permanent Endowment Fund, the Cottage Grove Green Earth Advised Expendable Fund, Believe in Angels Advised Subfund, Veatch Advised Fund, Harrison/Fuller Advised Expendable Fund, Carlton Woodard Advised Fund, Women’s & Children’s Fund, and Frank & Pamela Simpson Advised Fund. The grant recipients and projects are as follows:
- Lincoln Middle School Physical Education – Bars & Bumpers, $1,000. Donor: Veatch Endowment Fund.
- Lincoln Middle School – Lincoln Middle School Fresh Produce for Food Class, $1,000. Donor: Green Earth Advised Fund.
- Ophelia’s Place – Lincoln Middle School Partnership to Empower Youth, $1,000. Donor: Carlton Woodard Advised Fund.
- SquareOne Villages – Cottage Villages: Tiny Home affordable housing project in Cottage Grove, $1,000. Donor: Community Foundation Permanent Endowment Fund.
- Bohemia Mining Days, Inc. – Sidewalk Cable Safety Ramps, $526. Donor: Carlton Woodard Advised Fund.
- Singing Creek Education Center – Modern Pioneer Lunch Kits Project, $1,000. Donor: Community Foundation Permanent Endowment Fund.
- Looking Glass Community Services – Cottage Grove Rural Program Building Purchase & Renovation, $1,000. Donors: Community Foundation Permanent Endowment Fund ($500), Harrison/Fuller Advised Expendable Fund ($63), Believe In Angels Advised Subfund ($437).
- Community Sharing – Community Sharing Freezer Project, $1,000. Donor: Carlton Woodard Advised Fund.
- Opal Center for Arts & Education – Creative Chaos Theater Camp, $660. Donor: Green Earth Advised Fund.
- St. Vincent de Paul Society of Lane County – Finding Paths to Prosperity, $1,000. Donor: Green Earth Advised Fund.
- CASA of Lane County – Rural Outreach Serving the Need, $1,000. Donor: Harrison/Fuller Advised Expendable Fund.
- Family Relief Nursery – Therapeutic Classroom Update, $1,000. Donor: Community Foundation Permanent Endowment Fund.
- Friends of the Cottage Grove Library – Unsolicited grant, $500. Donor: Frank & Pamela Simpson Advised Fund.
- First Presbyterian Church – Earth & Social Justice Fund, $4,000. Donor: Women’s and Children’s Fund.
The Cottage Grove Community Foundation will celebrate with these outstanding non-profit organizations at a Community Grant Awards ceremony on Tuesday, March 17 from noon to 1:00 pm in the Shepherd Room of the Community Center. The public is invited to attend.
The Cottage Grove Community Foundation is a public non-profit organization to help improve the quality of life for residents of the City of Cottage Grove and surrounding communities. The Foundation is a resource for citizens, private companies, and other foundations to make charitable gifts and bequests that will provide financial support to educational, medical, cultural, social, and civic organizations serving our community. The Foundation is exempt from Federal income tax under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation is affiliated with the Oregon Community Foundation, an Oregon non-profit corporation for the counsel and management of funds.