With Bohemia Mining Days little more than a week away, here is a list of deadlines for participation in several of this year’s events:
• Advanced All-Day Carnival Ride Bracelets: Save money on Carnival Rides. Discount Carnival Ride Bracelet Coupons are now at Cottage Grove Bi-Mart. Tickets are $22 in advance and $30 on site.
Families save even more with 2-for-1 “Buddy Day” on Thursday, July 18. A limited number of coupons available while supplies last, before July 18 at 3 p.m.
• Saturday’s Covered Bridge Tours: In partnership with South Lane Wheels and the Cottage Grove Tour Guides, BMD offers two two-hour tours of local covered bridges at noon and 2 p.m. Seating is limited to 18 participants — so buy early. It’s a great idea for visiting family and friends. Tickets are $10 per person at The Bookmine, 702 E. Main St.
• Grand Miners Parade: The application deadline for entries in the Saturday morning parade is July 15 after this date late fees apply. Applications are available on the website or outside the festival office door in the CG Hotel (next to Buster’s Café).
• Ugly Dog Contest: As part of our 60th celebration, this once popular contest from the 1980s and 1990s returns. There will be awards first-, second- and third-place in four categories: Best Costume, Best Owner/Dog Look-alike, Best Tricks and Ugliest Dog. Registration forms are on the BMD website (at www.bohemiaminingdays.org). Registration fee: $10 in advance and $15 after July 17.
• Community Spirit Week, July 15-19: Another returning event that involves the business community. Old-timers remember fondly how enthusiastically businesses promoted BMD. All seven living mayors are championing this throwback event by encouraging businesses to compete in two categories: Best Display and Best Costumes. To sign up, call 541-510-9804.
• New This Year — Bloomer-Making Classes: Need bloomers for Thursday’s kick off “ladies-only” parade? Attend one of these fun and free classes: Saturday, July 13, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Cottage Grove Community Center, 700 E. Gibbs Ave. and Sunday, July 14, 12:30 to 5 p.m. at Delight, 538 E. Main St.
More information is available on BMD website at www.bohemiamining days.org or by calling Linda at 541-913-9586.