September 27 - Fall is in the air and the Cottage Grove Art Walk is here as the weather changes. Art Walk continues throughout the year, every last Friday of the month. It takes place Friday, Sept. 30, from 6 to 8 p.m., at Historic Downtown Cottage Grove.
The last September Art Walk evening will be extra exciting! During the Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest, over 30 artists will use downtown sidewalks as their canvas. People can add their vote to the people's choice. Prizes for the contest will be announced at 7:45 p.m. at the All American City Square.
Additionally, a special evening of music and art celebrating Fiesta Cultural with artist and author Gloria Campuzano will be exhibiting her work while musician Linda Diaz fills the room with her beautiful Andean flute at The Bookmine. This location will also be home to Cottage Grove’s newest portrait mural, unveiled during Art Walk with local historians to share their wealth of knowledge about Eva Davenport.
Top it all off with an Opal Center party with music, food and drinks. A portion of profits will go to cancer research.
Highlights from the Art Walk include:
• Ambrose Collectibles — Cards, coins, antiques, jewelry and other items
• Apple Pie Antiques — Thi Nguyen, paintings, prints and postcards
• The Bookmine — Gloria Campuzano, artist and author, with Linda Diaz, Andean music
• The Brewstation — The Huckleberry’s perform 6 to 8 p.m.
• Covered Bridge Brewing — Dorain May Trio perform 7 to 9 p.m.
• The Crafty Mercantile — Heather Lahaie, fun, pop art paintings
• Five Flying Monkeys — Seventeen vendors inside, new fall inventory daily
• 541 Exchange — Patricia Ferrin, Pippi's Plants and Creations
• Kalapuya Books — Marie Gorman, nature paintings and charcoals with imagination and depth
• Oba Boba — Boba Teas, shaved ice cream, deliciousness
• Opal Center — Jasen Szczepaniak, photographer, and Robert Freeman, drone photographer
• T&K Creations — New vendor with laser engravings, chalk and popcorn
For more information, please go to Art Walk's Facebook page and Visit Cottage Grove's website.