Here's what's happening in Lorane between April 14 and May 7:
- Lorane Grange decided, after much discussion, not to have dinner and bingo in April. Unfortunately, not enough members were going to be available to work. The Grange will resume in the fall. For all those bingo fans, Applegate Elementary Boosters is having a bingo evening on Friday, April 26, in the school gym. There will be another bingo night in May. Come have fun and support the students.
- This Sunday, April 14, Lorane Christian Church is hosting the Living Last Supper at 11 a.m. All are welcome to come. Prepare to be emotionally moved and inspired.
- The Eugene Emeralds will visit Applegate Elementary on Wednesday, April 17. They will help kick off the Home Run Reading Challenge. In addition, Smokey Bear will visit the first grade to discuss fire safety on April 22.
- Mark your calendars for the annual Kindergarten Roundup on Thursday, May 7, beginning at 3:15 p.m. Come meet the teacher and visit the classroom. Kindergarten is a full-day program, five days a week. Call 541-935-3100 for more information.
- The high school office revamping project is almost completed. Come by and see the new look and updated safety and security for the front of the school.
- It was another great Talent Show and Grange Open House at Lorane Grange Sunday afternoon. Thirty-three audience members enjoyed four talented entertainers: Long-time Lorane entertainers Kyle and Jim; six-year-old banjo freestyle dance; amazing nearly-six-year-old Jillian McGladrey singing, with her dad accompanying her on guitar; and fantastic Crow High School junior Cooper Morris. Little Banjo had her artwork displayed in the kitchen. A special thank you to Barbara Dare as emcee. Outstanding Community Service Awards were presented by the Grange to several very deserving people: Jim and Pat Edwards, Tara Wigle, Larry and Donna Moore, Heidi Langstraat, and Josie Skeers. All have given so much to our community. Pat and Jim have decades of giving to our community and schools in the district. Thank you to all who came. See everyone next year — bring your talent!