• CAL District Students and staff had a great start to the school year. The new Crow Middle/High School principal is Mr. Rodemack. Remember: Half-day on Sept. 20.
• The CAL School Board meets at Lorane Grange on Thursday, Sept. 19 at 7 p.m. There will be an Executive Session prior to the meeting.
Come out, Lorane, it’s a wonderful time to meet the new superintendent and middle/high school principal.
• Lorane Grange will resume their spaghetti dinner and bingo evenings on Oct. 18. It’s a Friday evening due to College football games.
• Pillow cases are needed for the high school biology biodiversity project. Bring them to the district office, high school office or to room 120, Ms. Thorin’s at the high school.
• Lorane Grange is still collecting new socks, T-shirts and underwear for our men and women veterans. Call any Granger if you want to help. These will be given at the Stand Down on Sept. 27 at the Lane County Fairgrounds.
This Saturday, Sept. 14, there is a memorial service at Lorane Grange for life-long Lorane resident, Nancy O’Hearn at 1 p.m.
The Grange will be open by 11:30 for those who want to drop food off early.