Police Log 1/11/2022 - 1/17/2022
• Cottage Grove Police Dispatch received a 9-1-1 call from an individual reporting he had heard a gunshot on the 700 block of Row River Road in a trailer park. The individual told police dispatch he believed the gunshot came from a camper.
• Two suspects involved in a case on the 1600 block of Clark Ave. were advised trespass and theft due to both suspects attempting to take property from residential addresses without permission in the listed area. The complainant did not wish to pursue charges of theft and wished only for both the male and female suspects to be trespassed from the involved property. The male was later located by police near Main Street and found to possess an outstanding warrant for his arrest.
• Cottage Grove Police received a call for service regarding a hit and run incident that had occurred the day before while an unoccupied vehicle was parked at the business parking lot of Wal-Mart. The damage appeared to be less than $1,500 in value.
• A complainant contacted police to report that his vehicle on the 800 block of Pierce Ave. had been unlawfully entered and property was stolen, valued at approximately $2,500.
•An individual came to the Cottage Grove Police Department to state she had a warrant and wanted to turn herself in.
• An officer responded to Wal-Mart management about a donation of ammunition to the Cottage Grove Police Department. The stock of ammunition was no longer available for sale, so they asked the CGPD to take control of the ammunition to use. The ammunition was collected and transported it back to CGPD.
• An unidentified woman approached a CGPD officer in the Wal-Mart parking lot about found property. The found property consisted of two cards (Starbucks and SELCO Debit Card). The woman advised that she had found the cards in a bush in the Wal-Mart parking lot and had “heard about possible purse thefts in the area.” The property was secured and submitted into the evidence locker at the Cottage Grove Police Department.
• An officer responded to a complainant at Wal-Mart who reported that another individual had struck her in the head with skateboard, causing laceration.
• An individual showed up at the CGPD lobby, yelling and kicking the lobby doors, acting in an aggressive and violent manner, and refused to follow lawful orders and resisted arrest. The individual was tased during his arrest and while on the ground kicked an officer in the knee.
• An officer contacted an individual in the parking lot of the Cottage Grove Police Department. While talking to the individual, he confessed to shooting his rifle at a street light because he thought it was spying on him. His confession correlated to a shot fired call police had earlier in the night in the area where the individual said he shot the light. He was arrested for unlawful use of a weapon and reckless endangering and transported to the Lane County Jail.
• A hit and run was reported regarding a parked car in the Wal-Mart parking lot.
• An officer responded to Middlefield Oaks Memory Care upon a request to contact a resident and advise them to be less verbally aggressive toward the employees.
• An officer responded to a report of theft of property from an individual’s motorcycle in the Wal-Mart parking lot.
• A white substance consistent with methamphetamine and a glass pipe containing black and white residue was confiscated for destruction on the 60 block of Hilltop Drive.