• CGPD responded to a non-injury single vehicle crash into a road sign at Highway 99 and N River Road. The driver declined medics and appeared to be in good health. The driver stated that as he was traveling northbound at approximately 35 mph, his vehicle slid on the icy roadway and he lost control. Damages to the sign were estimated to be $1,000.
• CGPD was given power of attorney paperwork to substantiated false reports made by an individual who was “mentally deteriorating” and residing in an assistant care facility.
• Cottage Grove Police assisted the Lane County Sheriff’s Office (LCSO) in the apprehension of an individual until LCSO patrol deputies could arrive in the area. A traffic stop was conducted on the individual’s vehicle and the suspect was taken into custody without major incident even though the suspect was uncooperative and refused to exit the vehicle. The suspect vehicle was completely blocking the northbound lane of South 6th Street and had to be towed from the scene by Taylors Towing to their impound yard for safekeeping. The suspect ultimately was lodged into the Lane County Adult Corrections Facility by LCSO for the charges of Recklessly Endangering Others and Criminal Mischief in the Second Degree.
• Several officers were on scene at Walmart regarding a disorderly female. CGPD dispatch confirmed a Lane County Sherriff’s Office warrant was active on the female. The suspect was transported to Lane County Jail without incident.
• Graffiti was reported underneath the I-5 bike path near N 19th and Main streets.
• An individual was taken into custody at Walmart for his outstanding warrant and lodged at the Cottage Grove Municipal Jail for a warrant out of Cottage Grove Municipal Court.
• An officer was dispatched to Walmart for a report of a small child left alone in a parked
vehicle. The officer located the vehicle, child and mother. The mother admitted to leaving the child in the vehicle for the purposes of her shopping. She stated she left the child with food and water and emphasized it was “not hot outside”. The mother was arrested for Child Neglect in the Second Degree along with Resisting Arrest. This incident was cross reported to the OHS Hotline. An OHS case worker responded and assisted with post-arrest arrangements for care of the child with the child’s father. The mother was cited and released on scene.
• An individual was taken into custody for Reckless Driving and lodged at the Cottage Grove Municipal Jail.
• Theft was reported from a vehicle on the 100 block of Crestview Terrace