• An CGPD officer responded to a death investigation call made by South Lane County Fire and Rescue on the 600 block of E Main Street. An 83-year old individual was pronounced dead on scene by medics in the residence.
• An officer responded to an assault between two juvenile students at Cottage Grove High School. The officer determined no serious injuries took place.
• An individual put on mental hold after attacking another with a knife, causing injury, on the 1700 block of Hwy 99.
• Management at the Goodwill reported theft and damage to the property.
• A death investigation involving suicide was reported on the 1400 block of Bryant Avenue.
• An individual knowingly trespassed at PeaceHealth Cottage Grove Community Medical Center and threatened security with a dangerous weapon.
• A metal bracelet honoring a fallen member of the military in Iraq was found and lodged at CGPD.
• An individual was cited in lieu of custody on Sears Road for violating the Oregon Revised Statute Failure to Report as a Sex Offender.
• Juveniles knowingly took merchandise from Safeway at a value of $61.77 and fled the scene. One failed to follow lawful orders.
• An unknown suspect committed Forgery in the First Degree by falsely completing a written instrument which is issued by a government agency.
• Assault was reported at 700 E Gibbs Ave. When officer arrived, they observed several injuries including open wounds, blood and bruising on the victim. The victim named a suspect and advised the suspect also took property belonging to the victim.
• An officer was dispatched to the 500 block of Grant Avenue for theft of a bicycle from an individual’s porch.
• A Hit and Run was reported at 1250 Gateway Blvd.
• Assault was reported on the 1100 block of Lord Avenue.
• While on patrol, officers located a confirmed stolen vehicle at Walmart.
• Theft of a cell phone was reported.
• An officer responded to an agency assist regarding a male who was unconscious and bleeding from the mouth and nose. The officer was advised that the victim was jumped by four other males. The injured male declined medics and a second victim came forward to report injury. The second male came to the first male’s aid and was subsequently attacked by another with a knife.
• An individual was arrested for Criminal Trespass on the 1100 block of E Chamberlain Avenue. Once in custody, the suspect intentionally damaged city property and was thus arrested for Criminal Mischief.
• Officers contacted an individual who displayed evidence they were a danger to themselves and others in their current mental state. The individual was transported to University District Hospital on mental hold.
• Shoplifting was reported at Walmart.