• An arrest for Theft in the Third Degree occurred at 400 E Main Street when an individual stole a license plate valued at $174.50.
• An individual was taken into custody without incident for Theft in the Second Degree and Trespass in the First Degree after stealing merchandise from Walmart. The individual had previously been trespassed by the business indefinitely due to past shoplifting thefts in which they were suspect.
• An individual fraudulently used a credit card belonging to another owner to purchase a tuxedo from Amazon.
• A minor was cited for Minor in Possession of marijuana at Lincoln Middle School. The juvenile was found with two separate bags and revealed they were intending on selling the marijuana to unnamed high school students after class. The combined weight of 12.6 grams of marijuana was lodged as evidence. The juvenile and guardian were counseled and ultimately cited.
• An individual violated an active Lane County restraining order by attempting to retrieve their children from Bohemia Elementary School. CGPD placed the individual under arrest.
• An individual committed the crime of Criminal Trespass in the Second Degree when they remained unlawfully on Walmart’s premises after being asked to leave several times. The individual also committed the crime of Theft in the Third Degree when they took two clothing items valued at $37.96.
• Officers responded to a dispute, reported as someone slashing a tent with a knife, on the west side of Cottage Grove City Hall. Officers found the parties had separated and made contact with the suspect and victims. Probable cause for menacing, physical harassment and criminal mischief was obtained and the suspect was arrested and lodged at CGPD.
• Officers responded to a report of a mental health crisis with a subject at City Center Motel. On arrival, a female and male were both yelling at officers for help. The male stated he didn’t believe officers were the police or that they were there to help him, and ran away into the middle of Hwy 99, headed north. The male subject then ran into a citizen’s residence (unknown to him) in order to escape police contact. After willingly leaving the residence, the male subject resisted arrest and caused injury to an officer. The subject was later identified by DMV photos. The individual was lodged at Lane County Jail on the Lane County Probation Violation as well as Probable Cause charges of Kidnapping 2, Disorderly Conduct 2, Burglary 2, Assault on a Public Safety Officer, Resisting Arrest and Interfering with a Peace Officer.
• Approximately $500 in damage was done to a Centurylink phone line by a white box truck head south on Eighth and Taylor streets. Witnesses advised the driver stated the damage was not their fault because of the height of the phone line and drove off.
• CGPD was advised that someone had broken off the outdoor water faucet in between the two buildings of the Snapp House on March 2, doing approximately $75 worth of damage.
• An individual reported that their items are being stolen from their property on the 300 block of N Q Street.