• A juvenile was cited for Minor in Possession of Tobacco after being found with a vape pen device by school staff while at school at Lincoln Middle School. The juvenile was cited into peer court accordingly. The vape pen was given to the parents.
• An unknown suspect took a red bicycle of unknown make and model valued at approximately $200 without permission to do so.
• A runaway juvenile was reported.
• A complainant at Family Dollar reported that one of the employees accepted two fake $20 bills. The bills have “For Motion Picture Use Only” on the top and “Rozetta” for the name of the president. The bills were seized and lodged as evidence at CGPD.
• An officer contacted a female in a vehicle that was parked in the Living Faith Assembly Church parking lot after business hours. During the contact, the female requested to relinquish a firearm she believed was owned by a felon who should not have it. When the gun was queried through LEDS/NCIC, it was listed as stolen out of Springfield Police Department. The gun was seized and lodged in property in property and evidence.
• An individual was cited for Theft 2 in lieu of custody for taking a red “Mart Cart” from Safeway and driving away from the store. The Mart Cart was returned to Safeway.
• An officer responded to a property damage report of a window that was broken between 10 p.m. March 17 and 11 a.m. March 18.
• One day after being released by SERBU, a juvenile reportedly ran away from home.
• At approximately 4:52 a.m., an officer responded to a possible domestic dispute on the 1300 block of S 6th Street where a male was contacted. He advised his sister was inside the address and was highly intoxicated and combative towards him and the others inside the household. The male refused to go into detail and repeated multiple times he did not want to press charges. In the home, the female was uncooperative during the investigation and fought back when an officer attempted to detain her, so was arrested, Miranda-read, and properly handcuffed. During the arrest, she discharged saliva into an officer’s face. She was transported to Lane County Jail.
• An individual was cited in lieu of custody for non-compliance with his sex offender registry.
• An officer responded to the 1200 block of Tyler Avenue for a report of criminal mischief to a vehicle. The vehicle’s owner was contacted, who advised that an unknown person spray painted the driver’s side of his vehicle. The officer observed the spray paint was white and was applied to both the front and rear driver side doors. Upon review of the graffities, “it was unclear if the suspect was trying to write a word that was just not legible, or if it was an attempt to draw a picture of male genitalia.”
• At approximately 6:55 a.m., officers were advised that two males had been underneath the Cottage Grove Bible Church’s 2000 Ford van attempting to saw off the catalytic converter. The males ran off to a black sedan with Oregon license plate 519MGW. License plate does not match vehicle description. Over $1,000 worth of damage was reported.
• Unauthorized Entry into a Motor Vehicle was reported on the 500 block of Adams Avenue.
• An individual reported theft of $40 dollars in Diesel fuel from Mobil gas station that occurred. The individual reported that another employee was working that day, stating that a white Diesel truck of an unknown make or model left the gas station after pumping Diesel without making payment. A license plate was reported, however.