Police Log 4/12/2022 - 4/18/2022
• CPGD officers responded to an agency assist for Lane County Sheriff’s Department regarding a semi-truck and trailer blocking traffic on Row River Road.
•Abandoned vehicles were reported on the 1500 block of N 19th Street and the 300 block of E Jefferson Avenue.
• An individual recklessly created the risk of public inconvenience when he obstructed vehicular traffic on a public way.
• Property valued at $500 was stolen at the 1400 block of Daugherty Avenue.
• An individual committed Theft in the Second Degree when she stole $598.17 from the Cottage Grove Inn.
• An individual with a Multnomah County outstanding warrant for failure to appear on Assault IV and Harassment charges was transported to Lane County Jail.
• A Hit & Run was reported in the parking lot of American Market on the corner of Main Street and Hwy 99.
• There was a death investigation at Benny Hubbell Memorial Park.
• An officer responded to 425 North 14th Street for an active audible alarm. The location is owned by the City of Cottage Grove and the alarm was coming from the evidence building. The officer located the a single door ajar/unlocked and made several announcements for anyone inside to come outside and announce their presence. Request for a K9 officer was not available. Inside, the officer saw some backpacks open/unzipped and odd noises coming from inside. The officer did not see any signs of forced entry on the door.
A quick perimeter search was completed and the officer found the fence damaged, appearing that the barbwire and fencing was cut and forced down at one point.
Due to the K9 not being available, police units searched the evidence building and found no one inside. The area was cleared.
• An individual was arrested for a confirmed outstanding warrant through the Eugene Municipal Court. The warrant was for a Failure to Appear on a Theft II charge. The individual was also cited and released on O.R.S. 166.270 (Felon in Possession of Restricted Weapon) due to a higher priority calls for service.
• An individual was cited in lieu of custody for an outstanding warrant out of the Eugene Municipal Court.