• Theft from a vehicle was reported on the 1600 block of Samuel Drive. The total value of the stolen property is approximately $515.
• Theft from a vehicle was reported on the 1500 block of Cottage Heights Loop. The stolen property included a copy of the vehicle registration and loose change less than $5. No damage was done to the vehicle.
• Theft from a vehicle was reported on the 1500 block of Cottage Heights Loop (a separate report from above). The stolen property included a pair of blue prescription “Guess” sunglasses, a “First American Title” name badge and a phone charger. No damage was done to the vehicle.
• Attempted unauthorized entry of vehicle was reported on the 800 block of Kristen Way There was no stolen property and no vehicle damage.
• An individual advised officers he was being followed by certain individuals. He expressed that these people hacked into his rental vehicle, were messing with the mileage and remotely draining his fuel. The individual said he unplugged most of his fuses hoping to break the remote connection. The man was offered transport to the Cottage Grove Hospital and he accepted. After being discharged from the hospital, he walked to the Cottage Grove Police Department to thank officers and left in his rental car.
• During a patrol check at Trail Head Park officers observed garbage and discarded property surrounding a general area belonging to a person’s tent. Due to the littering and smoking tobacco during the contact, the individual was issued a park exclusion for 45 days from all City of Cottage Grove parks.
• During a patrol check on the frisbee golf course property that is owned by the City of the Cottage Grove officers located a large camp site that was violating ORS 164.805- Offensive Littering. There were ample amount of garbage, trash, food, clothes, tents, tarps, cans, bottle, bikes, and all were discarded. Two people were contacted and advised to vacate the property owned by the city due to the violation of the crime. They were advised to clean their camp and and vacate by May 24.
• Officers responded to 700 East Gibbs for a report of a female not breathing.
• While conducting a patrol check at 1000 East Main Street (Trailhead Park) officers located a large camp site that was violating ORS 164.805- Offensive Littering. There were ample amount of garbage, trash, food, clothes, tents, tarps, cans, bottles, and all were discarded. No one was at the campsite, however. The City of Cottage Grove Public Works was unavailable to clean up the abandoned property/littering mess. An officer completed a work order to have the property removed and taped off the area.
• Officers conducted a patrol check on the west side of 400 East Main Street where there were at least six tents and people living inside of them. Above the tents on the ceiling of the building were lights with covers. One of the lights with covers had been tampered with. The light was not activated, but the cover was hanging and the wires were exposed. The cover was assumed to have been removed and or tampered with at some point. Public Works was notified for repair.
• Officers responded to the 1400 block of South River Road for an Unauthorized Entry into a Motor Vehicle report. Officers were advised that an unknown person entered a vehicle and stole $700-800 cash. The unknown person also entered a backyard, stealing a Dewalt power tool and binoculars.