• Theft of a bicycle was reported in the area of All-America Square.
• Officers responded to the 200 block of North 8th Street for a theft/criminal mischief report. The victim advised that her ex-boyfriend took her property and burned it, posting the video on social media. The ex-boyfriend was found by officers to have damaged property belonging to the apartment property owner. South Lane County Fire & Rescue responded and seized the fire. Though the victim did not want to pursue criminal charges, the ex-boyfriend was determined to have placed the entire apartment at risk of injury by not containing the fire.
• A brown “Louis Vuitton look alike” wallet was reported stolen from a shopping cart at Walmart.
• A 30-day park exclusion was issued to an individual for smoking methamphetamine in the Cottage Grove Disc Golf Course park.
• An individual was arrested for trespassing at the closed warming shelter site on 12th St. The site was padlocked and secured by a perimeter six-foot chain link fence which the individual had to scale to gain entry to the property. The individual was released to South Lane Mental Health staff for treatment.
• An individual was found to be a disorderly subject to other citizens at Trailhead Park. Complainants advised police that the individual was chasing them on foot accusing them of being “evil spirits.” Following police contact, the individual was issued a 90-day park exclusion from all city parks within the City of Cottage Grove and escorted off the park property.
• Officers responded to 40 North N Street in regards to an injured turkey that was possibly injured by a group of juveniles. The turkey was dispatched due to the legs being broken.
• Officers responded to the 1500 block of Village Drive for a mental hold of a person who was attempting to escape custody from staff. The individual was placed on a mental hold per the ER doctor, taken into custody and given medication to calm down.