• CGPD officers responded to a mental crisis.
• A clear plastic bag with white crystal-like rocks inside of it was brought to CGPD for disposal.
• CGPD investigated a death by suicide.
• An individual violated Cottage Grove City Code when he was found in possession of firearms while camped on city owned property, a city park. The individual was issued a park exclusion for 15 days from all city parks.
• An officer was dispatched to 400 East Main Street (CGPD) for a theft report. The reporting party advised that another male took his property and did not return it.
• Officers responded to Trailhead Park due to a report of a theft.
• Officers responded to Walmart for a Criminal Mischief/theft report. Unknown suspect(s) had damaged fencing and a BBQ on the west side of the building. Inside the fenced area were batteries, and some were taken. The BBQ was destroyed and metal taken from the suspect(s).
• Officers responded to Bohemia Park due to a report of three juveniles threatening people, one armed with a knife.
• A hit and run was reported at 80 Gateway Boulevard.
• Possible theft was reported at East Regional Park.
• Officers responded to the 100 block of E Taylor Avenue to assist South Lane County Fire and Rescue with an overdose victim.
• Unknown suspects took merchandise from Safeway without paying for it. The suspects departed Safeway parking lot in a 1989 Honda Civic.
• An unknown suspect committed a hit and run when they collided into a victim’s parked vehicle at a downtown Main Street business.
• Officers responded to the 1400 block of Highway 99 for an active criminal trespass. The subject was later arrested and lodged at the CGPD Jail for Criminal Trespass I.
• A citizen brought three white pills that were located on the 1200 block of Adams Avenue.
• Officers assisted the Lane County Sheriff’s Department with a hit and run vehicle crash at Taco Bell.
• Officers were dispatched to Highway 99 and Latham Avenue for a possible impaired driver. The offending vehicle was later located and officers conducted a traffic stop for failing to maintain lane and unlawful lane change. The driver conducted field sobriety testing and was arrested for DUII. During a search of the vehicle, three firearms with no serial numbers were discovered as well as an ample amount of ammunition and firearm parts in a separate bag on the floorboard. In a black bag in the center console was a bag containing substance of methamphetamine with a total gross weight of 15.8 Grams. The driver was later lodged at the Lane County Jail for multiple felony charges.
• An officer responded to the 700 block of North River Road for a two motor vehicle crash with injury. One of the driver’s was cited for Failure to Obey a Traffic Control Device and found at fault for the crash through an investigation.