With the statewide closure of all Oregon K-12 schools between March 16 and March 31, the following is the district’s plan for operations that will continue until students return on April 1. Keep in mind that changes may need to be made as the situation develops.
The district’s food service team has been tirelessly working to ensure that students will have meals during the two unscheduled closure weeks.
Food Pick up dates:
Tuesday, March 17
Wednesday, March 18
Thursday, March 19
Friday, March 20
Monday, March 30
Tuesday, March 31
• Food pick-up time will be from 9 to 10 a.m. each day
• Cottage Grove High School, main parking lot (1375 S. River Rd.)
• Dorena School, main parking lot (37141 Row River Rd, Dorena, OR 97434)
• London School, main parking lot (73288 London Rd, Cottage Grove, OR 97424)
Any child up to age 18 can receive a breakfast and lunch each day. Federal regulations require that the children receiving meals must be in the car when meals are picked up. To comply with the governor’s order to limit close personal contact, the district asks that everyone remain in the car and staff will deliver the meals to the car.
For more information, call 541-767-1677
Grading & Finals:
CGHS Finals: Make up Finals day will be Friday, April 3. CGHS will be on its originally scheduled final schedule from March 13.
• Report Cards: Will be sent home the week of April 6.
Athletics & Competitions:
• All athletics are currently suspended. At this time, there are to be no practices, individual workouts and, per the governor’s directive, no competitions until April 8.
• The Warren H. Daugherty Aquatic center will be closed. South Valley Athletics has delayed its soccer season and South Valley Little League has delayed the start of their baseball season. Please check with those organizations for any updates.
• All previously scheduled meetings are canceled until April 8.
• Students will only be allowed to enter the building on Monday, March 16, briefly from noon to 2 p.m. to retrieve needed personal items. Principals will be on-hand to supervise. In order to sanitize the building, students will not have access to the building again until April 1.
• There will be no community access to all school district properties during the closure, as it will impede sanitization efforts. All regular programs, classes and events are canceled. This includes, but is not limited to, Cross Fit, morning basketball, step class, workouts, prep classes, meetings, South Valley Athletics, Babe Ruth, South Valley Athletics, etc.
• All facility/field requests and events in the South Lane School District have been canceled through April 8.
• Maintenance and custodial staff will be sanitizing every room and touchpoint in the buildings as per CDC and OHA guidelines.
• Sign up for Flash Alert and download their phone app for the quickest information. The district always posts there first. The district’s webpage and Facebook page are also good sources of information.
For additional information, please call the South Lane School District office at 541-942-3381.